Monday, April 13, 2009

If I had a nickel for every....

.....dandelion. Every spring I wage war against the dandelions that flourish in our front yard. I remember as a kid, my dad used to pay my brother and me per dandelion we extracted from the lawn. Knowing full well that the Brown kids are often in need of cash, I offered them a nickel per dandelion. Apparently they don't need the money, because not one of them took me up on my offer. Okay, I know your thinking a nickel doesn't sound like a lot, but when you can uproot 60 to 100 dandelions daily in half hour tops, it's not a bad gig. Nearly every day I grab my dandelion tool (a gift from my husband after I broke a pair of clippers uprooting them) and head out to the front yard and remove 30, 60 or 100 of them. Once I'm done, I head straight to Garrett's bowl of dwindling poker money and pull out the amount I would have paid the kids and put it into our little green cup. Several cups have been filled along the way. Though I have been diligent and have depleted Garrett's poker fund, I seem to be losing my war against the dandelions, but have collected a whole lot of change along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment